“Close friends….

…..are truly life’s treasures. Sometimes they know us better than we know ourselves. With gentle honesty, they are there to guide and support us, to share our laughter and our tears. Their presence reminds us that we are never really alone.” – Vincent Van Gogh

I am blessed with many dear friends in my life.  Three of them came to visit today and we had a lovely time catching up on all the news, over copious amounts of food, tea, coffee and knitting (crochet in my case).

Here’s a gallery of the cakes I made and the various kind gifts they bought (click photos for captions and/or larger images):

Although we had not seen each other for a little while, we immediately fell into easy conversation – as if it was only yesterday that we last spoke. I always think this is one of the signs of a really good friendship.

As you would expect, Hub was a treasure, helping me get the apartment ready to receive guests, and then washing up after lunch, even though I seemed to have managed to use a myriad of plates, glasses, cutlery etc!  Needless to say, he did not join us for knitting, although we kept him well fed and watered throughout the day.

How lucky I am to have all these wonderful people in my life, as well as my other friends whom I don’t get to see that often and all of you out there reading my blog:
“True friends are always together in spirit” – L M Montgomery (Anne of Green Gables) 😀

20 thoughts on ““Close friends….

1. melissabluefineart says:

A circle of friends to do something you enjoy is such a treasure~I’m so happy you have this in your life! I’ve been reading a murder mystery series and it has a circle of friends like this~they knit together and eat together and solve mysteries. 🙂 I’ve been feeling wistful for that.

I am so happy I could enjoy your gathering in spirit. I have very vague memories of being invited to afternoon teas (at the homes of elderly relations), where the best china and best cakes were brought out. Then after everyone was fed, the knitting etc came out of the bags and hands got busy.

3. Liz Wx says:

This is a lovely post Liz and your knitting friends sound terrific. There is something extra-special about friends who share a hobby or interest. They are lucky to have you to host them though I am sure they go to the same amount of trouble when it’s their turn!

Thanks Liz. Yes they are all brilliant hosts. I think part of the fun of meeting up is putting together ‘the feast’ as it has become known! Sometimes we meet in cafes too which is also nice x

These are the best friends, you can catch up with straight away even you haven’t seen them for a while. I love those get togethers. It looks lovely all your cakes and table I can imagine it was a wonderful afternoon.

5. clarepooley33 says:

I haven’t had a gathering of friends for years and years – your post has made me feel quite nostalgic! I like how you call it ‘the feast’ now! The cakes look so good – almost too good to eat!